Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Water of Life Mural




I finally finished my Water of Life Mural. The mural is paintined in the hallway of the religious ed building of Sacred Heart Catholic Church in Elgin Ts. The wall is 38'long and 8'high. I did a painting that we worked from which got approved by Father George.

I had some really good helpers: Emma, my daughter; my wife, Lissa; Ricky and Laura, youth from Sacred Heart. We worked on the mural for four Saturdays, one to transfer the drawing and three for painting.

I really enjoyed working on this project. It is so much fun to paint big. And it was fun to get to do a sacred painting for a church. If you are wondering how much it costs?? I donated my time for this project and raised the money to buy supplies by auctioning off the small painting that we worked from. It seems like a pretty good method for doing this kind of project.

For more details of the mural check out the photo album on my Facebook page.



No comments:

Post a Comment