Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Aquaponics Update

I haven't been painting this week. Since I go back to work part time next Tuesday, I was really wanting to get my aquaponics system up and running before I go back to work. So I have been working on it full time this week. I am making progress.

I finished burying my bathtub/sump tank.

I decided to move the fish tank out side as I think I will have less problems keeping it hot. I painted all my barrels to retard algae growth and laid them out and got the drains plumbed.
I have just about finished installing the overflows. It is a pipe within a pipe.

I made a trip to get a truck load of gravel and tomorrow hope to wash it and fill up the grow beds. Then I have to plumb the supply water, and overflow from the fish tank back to the sump tank and I should be ready to add plants and fish.


  1. Just wanted to inform you that we have linked to this excellent page in our 11th November issue of:

  2. A very interesting project! I'm looking forward very much to seeing what happens next.

  3. Thanks, Paul. I'll keep you posted. - Jim