Wednesday, August 5, 2009

The Fire is in the House


I finished the commission I have been working on. The Fire is in the House-acrylic on canvas-24"x36". A friend of mine is having me paint one painting a year for a total of fourteen paintings, the subject matter is his spiritual biography. This is the 5th one in the series. The angel Gabriel is giving him a vision of heaven where St. John the Evangelist and St. John the Baptist are holding a book that he is to write: the title of the book is "Take Courage St. John the Fire is in the House". Surrounding the two Saints holding the book are the hosts of heaven including The Blessed Mother, St. Patrick, St. Francis, St. Joan, Adam and Eve, St. Joseph, Joseph the Patriarch, St. Peter and Moses. In the vision the title of the book was flashing and the words "St. John" kept changing to other titles- these are being transmitted in rainbows- a symbol for light.

Hey, I just paint what I see!

2 comments:

  1. This is awesome. I particularly like the way John the Evangelist and Mother Mary look. And I like the way you use brown and beige here.

    ReplyDelete