Friday, July 23, 2010

Art Exhibit Canceled: bummer

I finally got a letter from The Foundation for Sacred Artsin which they let me know that they regrettably canceled the art exhibit I had entered back at the beginning of May. The reason in the letter stated it was for circumstances beyond their control. I emailed the foundation and in their reply they admitted that the circumstances beyond their control was the fact that they did not get enough high quality entries to fill out their exhibit. My guess is that there just aren't that many artist up to the task of doing a work of art based on the Nicene or Apostles creed. I mean, how many of those paintings can you think of off the top of you head that you have seen in the past. Kind of an abstract notion.

Anyway, needless to say I am disappointed that the two paintings I did expressly for this exhibit won't be going to Washington DC. On the other hand, I will put them in a local exhibit at some point.

Just goes to confirm in my mind that it hard to be an artist and harder to be a sacred artist in our day and time. As Mose Allison says, "I'm not complaining, just thinking out loud."

1 comment:

  1. I am sorry it was canceled. I am going to do some recruiting for the next show. There are some amazing artists in FW and I am going to try to round them up for 2011. IT will be a glorious show.

    ReplyDelete