Monday, July 26, 2010

New Painting: Guilty as Charged



I finished a new painting, "Guilty as Charged", a commission for a friend of mine. This friend commissions one painting a year. The paintings are a spiritual biography of his life, some are past, some are present and some are future. How can you paint the future, you may ask. This friend of my has a prophetic gift, that's how. This is painting number six. The plan is to do 14 all together. It is a fun but challenging project to attempt to but into visual form what is essentially an invisible reality, but to my mind that is what all sacred painting is about.

I think it would be fun to have an exhibit of all 14 paintings once they are complete. Let see that would be in 2019 and I will be 66 years old. Stay tuned!

By the way, the painting is 24"x18" and is oil on canvas.

No comments:

Post a Comment